19 6 / 2013
I am visiting my parents this week and last night I decided that I should introduce my dad to BBC’s Sherlock. Now I remembered my mother telling me that he had enjoyed Elementary, CBS’s attempt at making a US version of Sherlock, and I thought this would be ample time to enrich my dad’s cultural knowledge of good television. However, after A Study In Pink (Season [Series] One, Episode One) all my dad had to say was that he liked Lucy Liu as Doctor Watson over Martin Freeman. Ignoring him, I continued having him watch the series and boy did he have more insults for what in my opinion is the most well written show of our generation. The most infuriating of all comments was that Andrew Scott (a.k.a. Moriarty) was not in fact true to the books. Bitch Please! He didn’t stop there either. He went on to say that both Sherlock Holmes actors (Benedict Cumberbatch [BBC] and Jonny Lee Miller [CBS])were the same in the portrayal of the literary great. Last time I checked that would be impossible since Elementary has no Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson, or 221B Baker Street which are all large parts of the development of Sherlock Holmes.
Then again, anyone who considers Irene Adler being Sherlock’s reappearing dead ex-girlfriend and Moriarty as the major plot twist for the finale is a simpleton who has yet to discover the genius of Steven Moffat. Moffat can take a two year hiatus from a series and still have fans trying figure out how his Sherlock has survived public suicide.
Good luck CBS on trying to create a fandom that would thrive in between seasons. You’ve had 24 episodes to build a following that has some presence on Tumblr. However, BBC has managed to become a dominatrix to its fans making us beg for more just after a meager 6 plots and wait.
As the blog Sher says, “Sherlock has more letters than episodes.”
We are self-declared as “The Fans Who Waited.”
close you should get a runner up award a+
i’m sorry, but i completely lost my shit at “the genius of steven moffat”
What type of life does someone lead when Moffat’s writing can be described as “genius”? This girl needs some better, TV, stat!
That being said, that bingo card is bestest.
19 6 / 2013
remember that one time someone asked diana if there was anything going on between her and clark and this was her response:
19 6 / 2013
Yes, post that Amazing Atheist “refuting Anita” video to an inclusive fantasy community without comment and then claim you were waiting to see what we said before saying anything yourself. I totally believe you didn’t just post a piece of sexist shit and wanted to make sure everyone else agreed with you before you started being all like LOL THOSE FEMINAZIS.
Fuck. You. I’m so thinking about submitting your ass to seixstfacebook dudes, but there’s not enough hardcore proof you actual agreed with the video, just a very real gut feeling.
19 6 / 2013
David Wenham is the anti-Sean Bean.
Your dad sends you off in a hopeless battle against an overwhelming number of orcs?
Hugh Jackman drags you along to fight vampires in Transylvania?
Join a suicide mission to stop the Persian army for Sparta?
I”m not sure that guy can be killed.
19 6 / 2013
WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THE QUETZALCOATLUS?!
I MEAN, JESUS F. CHRIST.
PTERODACTYLS AIN’T SHIT NEXT TO THESE MOTHER FUCKERS. QUETZALCOATLUS FUCKING ATE BABY DINOSAURS FOR BRUNCH.
JUST IMAGINE SOMETHING AS TALL AS A MOTHER FUCKING GIRAFFE
SOARING THROUGH THE SKIES AT 80 MILES PER HOUR, AND THEN SWOOPING DOWN AND FUCKING EATING YOUR FACE OFF.
19 6 / 2013
- - How do they fall asleep? Wake up? Any daily rituals?
- - How’s their team work? Do they share well?
- - Are they open about their relationship? How do they feel about public displays of affection?
- - First impression of each other? Was it love at first sight?
- - Nicknames? Pet names? Any in-jokes?
- - Any tasks that are always left to one person?
- - What annoys them the most about their partner? Would they change it if they could?
- - What do the like best about their partner?
- - Do they discuss big issues? Religion? Marriage? Children? Death?
- - Who drives? Cooks? Does the handiwork? Cleans? Pays the bills? Handles the public?
- - Do they celebrate holidays? Anniversaries?
- - Is there a wedding? What was the proposal like? Any kind of honeymoon?
- - What do they do for fun? Do they have a favorite activity or do they like to switch things up?
- - Anything they both dread?
- - How adventurous are they?
- - Do they keep secrets? Lie? Cheat?
- - What would make them break up? Would it be permanent?
- - What are their dates like? How long do/did they date? Do they ever feel the need to take a break from each other?
- - What do they fight about? What are their arguments like? How do they make up?
- - What does their home look like? Their room?
- - Do they share any interests or hobbies?
- - Does their work ever interfere with the relationship?
- - How do they hug? Kiss? Tease? Flirt? Comfort?
- - Any doubts about the relationship?
- - How much time do they spend together? Do they share their feelings, or hold things in?
- - How do their friends feel about their relationship? Their families?
- - Do they have kids? Grow old together? Split up?
- - What are their vacations like?
- - How do the handle disasters or emergencies? Minor injuries? Sickness?
- - Could they manage a long distance relationship?
- - Do they have finish each other’s sentences? Pick up any phrases or habits from each other? Know when the other is hiding something?
- - Do they ever get into trouble? Is it serious, or are they just mischievous?
- - What kind of presents do they get each other? Do they only do it on special occasions?
- - Do they have any pets?
- - Do they bring out the best in each other, or the worst? Do they have a fatal flaw?
- - What’s their greatest strength as a couple? Their weakness?
- - How much would they be willing to sacrifice for the other? Any lines they refuse to cross?
- - What are they like in the bedroom? Any kinks/fetishes/turn-ons? Anything they won’t do?
- - Who initiated the relationship? Who kissed who first? When did they realize they were in love?
- - Any special memories? Do they have a special place they like to go to?
- - Are they party-goers? What are they like when they’re drunk? Does it happen often?
- - Do they let each other get away with things that would normally bother them?
- - Do they talk often? What about?
- - Are the comfortable with each other? Anything they have to have their privacy for?
- - Any special dreams or goals they have as a couple? Any heartbreaks? Regrets?